Now that I am a full-time fiction writer, I need to focus more on getting the most from my writer’s website real estate. Getting information from the Muse Online Conference helps a bit, though I have such a background in marketing and web development that I’m pretty sure about what I have to do. I just have to tweak my brain away from creating and crafting to the more mundane business side of things.
Things Needed on a Writer’s Website
- Books and other publications (if you have them)
- General info about you, the author
- Information about your genre(s)
- A blog, which can include all that other stuff
- Ways for your readers to keep in contact with you (RSS, blog, newsletter)
That is my next step: a newsletter. And then I have to figure out where to put the signup on my site.